Game Night: March 9, 2018

edited March 7 in FWGN Events
Game Night returns to the Soulliere household at our new location (Michelle and I bought a house in December).

The new location is:

9825 Bitter End Cove
Fort Wayne, IN 46835

Gaming starts at 7PM

• Gaming at the bitter end....I don’t want to miss that!
  • Count me in!
  • ...assuming I can find the Bitter End!
  • Is it safe to assume March 8th is a typo and Game Night will be Friday March 9th?
  • Rob Cisz said:

Is it safe to assume March 8th is a typo and Game Night will be Friday March 9th?

It is.... and the title has been updated to reflect my eagerness for games...
  • There is a very good chance that I can make it this Friday, if so I will be about 30 minutes late.
  • So on Friday evening March 9th game night sailed 6.95 nautical miles southwest from the Bitter End Cove to Florida Drive…sounds like a pirate game already! Since I couldn’t host GN on March 23rd, Mr. Soulliere kindly offered to switch evenings with me. Unfortunately due circumstances beyond my control, I still ended up running about 20 minutes late to my own game night…my sincere apologies to everyone. But once the detained host finally arrived; we cast off the lines, unfurled the sails, and game night promptly set out to voyage.

First up was Libertalia, the cut-throat pirate game where everyone squares-off on deck playing basically the same character cards, but all having different strengths & consequences, or if the same characters are played simultaneously, each card has a 2nd sub-number to determine the higher rank. So for most of the game Tom & Ellen were going back & forth for first place while Mark, Brian, & I were clumped at the back of the scoring track. I cannot remember if it was Tom or Ellen who won that, but it was only about an 8-pt difference between them.

Then Brian retired for the evening, leaving the remaining four of us to commence in shootin’, punchin’, runnin’, and climbin’ our way around train cars in hopes to be the rootinest, tootinest, shootinest, fastest loot-grabbin’ bobtail wildcat in the west; in the comical game Colt Express. Mark, indeed being the most rootinest, tootinest, & shootinest won the game, with Tom coming in second. Ellen had the most bullets received from the Sheriff, and I had the most bullets received...from everyone. I guess that’s what ya get when you make everyone wait on ya for game night at your own house…chaps full of lead!

Thank you Heather for hosting with the snacks until I arrived.

Until next game night, fair winds & happy trails!
  • Thanks again to Mr and Mrs Cisz - who put on an excellent game night!

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file